Get the inside scoop and content that helps you be the best pet parent ever! Brought to you by the dog and cat lovers at Pet Paradise.
Getting a bouquet, flowers or a new houseplant from a loved one feels wonderful. But there are some plants and flowers that could be really harmful, even deadly, to your pet. Some are so common, it may surprise you.
The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) lists this commonly grown greenery (found inside or outside the house) that should be kept away from pets.
Not sure if a certain flower or plant is toxic to pets? Search the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) database of Toxic and Non-Toxic Plants.
Unfortunately, even with all of your best efforts, it’s impossible to keep curious noses and paws away from toxins all of the time. It’s best to keep any questionable bouquets and arrangements up out of reach for everyone to enjoy!
If you suspect your pet may have ingested something toxic, please contact your veterinarian or the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center at (888) 426-4435 immediately.
Other blogs in this series:
Your Home May be Toxic to Your Pet
Keep These Food Items Off Your Pet's Menu
Enter your email to receive new offers & updates!